Commonwealth Games Tribute

|

Even though this blog is about my experiences about being Aussie, most people would know the Commonwealth Games is on as I write this. I'm not going to waste my time explaining who's winning, the medal tally or anything like that. If you want that information, go Google it. The purpose of this post is to bring a tribute to one of Australia's favourite Commonwealth Games volunteer, Sharon Stryzlecky.

You may know Sharon from the TV show "Kath & Kim" as that sports nut. Sharon tried out to be an official 2006 Melbourne Commonwealth Games Official Volunteer. Unsuccessfully she didn't make it.




"I'm an Official Commonwealth Games Volunteer"









"Cheer up Kimmy, Remember: Aussie Aussie Aussie, Oi Oi Oi"







"I will sing the national anthem:
Australians all let us rejoice
For we are young and free
With golden soil and... la la la
dee laa laa dee dee dee....
... For the Land of the free
And the Home of the Brave"










Big Band Version of the Australian National Anthem


1 Comment(s):

plusultra said...

I can't believe the news. I hope you are O.K. Mike. I am not sure what part of Australia you live in and hope it is not anywhere near the path of Cyclone Larry. My prayers will include you and your country tonite. A tragedy like this makes blogging seem quite silly, but I am anxious to see if you are O.K. so if you are, please leave a quick note on your blog to let us know how you are doing. My heart goes out to Australia and all the people affected by this tragedy. Bless you all and may you recover swiftly from this horrible cyclone.