Labour Day or Bogan Day

|

I came home from church just now thinking that I've got work tomorrow but then I remembered that tomorrow is Labour Day - A long weekend. What is that? Is this a day where women celebrate the day when they went in labour? Is it celebrating the Labour Party? Why do we need to celebrate a long weekend when we don't know what we're celebrating? If it was really important, wouldn't they have a parade and atleast some fireworks or sparklers.


I think Aussies just find an excuse to have a long weekend. I would love to celebrate my own long weekend with a public holiday by celebrating "Bogan Day". This would consist of a parade with guys with Attire with Shirt that is usually flannel in nature or promoting bands such as MetallicA, PanterA, AC/DC, Sepultura, Iron Maiden or Megadeth. WIth their hair grown long cut into a mullet. In this parade early-model Holden or Ford cars would drive behind their owners.

The day could be spent watching AFL Football with a BBQ lunch. They could also give out free tickets to the football for anyone with any of these names:

  • gazza
  • wayne
  • kevins
  • hazza
  • shez
  • barry/bazza

Anyone reading this that wants to actually help me get this idea off the ground, please get in contact with me by leaving a comment below.

0 Comment(s):