Tuesdays 'Tool Of The Week' Award goes to....

|

Hi welcome to the first Fruitcake blog of the moment. My first 'Tool Tuesdays 'Tool Of The Week' Award goes to 'The Christian Prophet'.

To the untrained eye this may look like your average run of the mill, TV evangelist, christian stuff. This site is really a bunch of ideals that could fit any religion. What gives this site the award is the 'Course in Miracles'. What's it about? Lets see:


The spiritual mind-training program of A Course In Miracles is a
transformational curriculum in Self-realization. Presented as a self-study
program, the format of the Course is a workbook of daily lessons, a text, and a
teacher's manual. A Course In Miracles is a masterpiece of mind training,
impeccably crafted to catalyze within the individual an experience of thought
not bound by the constraints of time, space, or human organizational principles.
Through our practical application of lessons in the art of forgiveness and in
the psychology of self-responsibility, we are awakened to the memory of our
Divine Inheritance.
The purpose of A Course In Miracles is to train your
mind in a systematic way to a different perception of everyone and
everything in the world... The very nature of True Perception is that it has no
limits. It is the opposite of the way you see now. True perception is the means
by which the world is saved from sin, for sin does not exist. And it is this
that true perception sees.


Wait a minute, why do I need study a course on how to do miracles? Is there a diploma? Is there a degree? Isn't this 'Tom Cruise no noise during baby delivery' stuff? Wacko Scientology stuff? What is the self realising part? It's to brain wash you into thinking YOU ARE GOD, that's what the basis of the new age movement! This blog is contradicting itself so much that it makes me sick to see God's grace mis-used in a way to 'Plug into miracles and get everything you want'. You can't have everything, where would you put it? The whole basis of the blog is to give a message from the throne room of God itself. Isn't that what the Bible's for? You want miracles then read the first 4 books of the New Testament, then read Acts! I seriously think that the biggest miracle that they are talking about is to actually make sense of this dribble. Just because they mention Jesus and miracles a couple of million times don't guarantee that's what you're getting. Its the same as McDonald's. I want what I see on the ad but when I get their burger its nothing like it and looks like its been cooked by that kid on The Simpsons who is pimple-faced and voice keeps breaking. If the messages are indeed from God himself then God would have told me.

I actually emailed these guys and asked them a few questions about this site about 6 months ago. I didn't challenge them. I wanted to know what would make people make such a site. My response was crap. I was told that I needed to pray and ask God and he would tell me. So I took their advice and to make a long story even longer, I will say this 'Not Happy Jan!'. So really, God must think that this is a waste of space aswell - I done what they said!

Anyway, I'm not going to crap on any longer about this pathetic site, go see it for yourself.

Sites:
'The Christian Prophet'
'Our Holy Inheritance'
'Course in Miracles'

Congratulations Christian Prophet, You're this week's Tool of the Week!

Know someone who deserves this prestigious award? Leave a comment below and be watching next week.

3 Comment(s):

Maggie said...

Mike,

I am a fellow Aussie. I loved your comments about those sites, and in true Aussie style I think that they are a load of crap. All of your comments about that site are spot on.

BTW, I am a Catholic.

MaggieofOz

Mikestar said...

Well I'm christian and this site is embarassing I even left a comment on his site saying "My site is crap and I'm a tool" from his perspective

Maggie said...

Mike,

you are just too funny. It is no wonder that you always get my vote in Battle of the Blogs. You say it in true Aussie style.

I am the more serious kind. I am not a right wing Christian, neither am I a left wing Christian. My blogs have been for a purpose. I am writing up a new blog based upon my experience with Ankylosing Spondylitis. Again this blog has a very different slant to my other blogs.

I belong to Blog Mad and no matter how hard I try to block out that crap those sites keep coming up when I am surfing for credits. Grrr....

I have a total distaste for this Christian prophecy stuff, especially when I know that what is written comes direct from the authors and is not divinely inspired. Keep in mind that I do recognize that some people have received visions, including St. Paul the Apostle.

I agree that the Course in Miracles is nothing more than New Age mumbo jumbo and it is downright dangerous from certain perspectives. It teaches people the wrong thing. I was most alarmed about the fact that they claim that there is no such thing as sin.

I must plain speak here: as a Catholic I do believe that we sin and that we need to confess our sins on a somewhat regular basis. Actually I go to confession for other reasons since I need a lot of support due to my husband not acknowledging my auto-immune disease and the priest that I consult with is very supportive. The confessional is a good place to talk about those things ;-). Besides I have a powerful car ;-)

You have nominated what I consider to be amongst the worst sites on blog explosion and blog mad for your award. I am right behind you with that nomination.

MaggieofOz